This year we are going to have most of the inspection dates available in MAY, and a few dates available in JUNE.
If none of these dates work with your schedule, the RTAA Fire team will do it very best to work with your schedule; just call me at 775-328-6570 to schedule an appointment.
Appointments will begin at 8:00am – 3:00pm, the inspections usually last no more the 15 minutes.
Dates are available:
MAY 1-23 including weekends, 29-31
JUNE 3-8, 11-12, 24-30
We have fire inspection brochures in the office that cover what the inspectors will be looking for.
But here is a quick recap, be prepared for…….
- · Extension cords shall not be used as a substitute for permanent wiring and only used with approved, portable appliances. The amp capacity shall not be less than the rated capacity of the portable appliance supplied by the cord.
- No Smoking Signs clearly posted.
- Combustible rubbish stored in non-combustible metal containers with lids.
- Oily rags and such stored in approved closed containers with self closing lids.
- Fire Extinguishers in approved areas, inspected and serviced yearly by a State of Nevada authorized fire extinguisher company. A minimum size fire extinguisher of (1) 2A-10BC and UL listed.
- Keep area around fire extinguisher free and clear, provide clear access. Recommend a 36” red line/box showing clearance in front of fire extinguishers and electrical panels.
Flammable and combustible liquids, when over 10 gals. Must be stored in a liquid storage cabinet labeled “Flammable-Keep Fire Away”. Doors must be well fitted, self-closing, equipped with a latch and UL listed.
- Provide drip pans under aircraft for fuel /lubricant leaks.
- Aircraft work is limited to the exchange of parts and maintenance; no open flame permitted.
- List all items in storage boxes with content label.
Please call me to schedule your appointment, 775-328-6570 or if you have any questions.
Have a fabulous day and we will see you soon!