The Reno-Stead Airport is approximately 10 nm north-northwest of Reno.
Driving Directions from Reno:
Take I-80 to US-395 north (toward Susanville).
- Exit US-395 at Stead Blvd and proceed North
- Bear to the right at the two ‘Y’ streets.
- Stead Blvd changes to Mt. Vida Street at Echo Ave. – continue straight ahead.
- Mt. Vida Street comes to a ‘T’ at Alpha Ave. Turn left then immediately right onto the next street
- This takes you directly to the Reno-Stead main gate – open during business hours M-F.
- Exit US-395 at Lemon Valley Road.
- Continue straight through the stop light and proceed down the slight hill and turn left at the first street (Military Road)
- Continue North on Military Road until it comes to a ‘T’ at Echo Avenue.
- Turn left onto Echo and then make the first right (Stop Sign) onto Mt. Vida Street
- Follow the last two instructions under option 1.
The airport manager’s office is the second building to the right after entering the airport ( just east of the control tower)