The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at the Stead Pilot Lounge on October 11,2011, 5:15p as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Dave Miller, Vice President/Treasurer; Dan Ross, Secretary; Directors Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Ken Weigand, Lew Gage, and Terry Matter. Liaison members: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager and Trustee Bill Eck, RTAA Representative. Member(s) absent: Mike Walsh.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the last 2011 meeting were approved as presented.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand,$3726.02. Currently there are 57 members, eight more since the first of the year.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: Dan Ross suggested that a project for the User’s Group might be to provide WiFi service at the airport for tenants who are members. Tom asked Dan to get more info.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike gave his report first so he could make a previous scheduled appointment. The new terminal building is in the final architectural drawing stage. All snow removal equipment is serviced and ready. Just as a reminder, current snow removal priorities are as follows: Fire lanes, runway 8/26, taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, in that order. The BLM fire unit contracts are complete for the year and all firefighting aircraft have departed the airport. Weed spraying is complete for the year and will re-commence next spring.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Bill Eck and Terry Matter gave an update on the race accident. They were limited in their presentation remarks, preferring to wait until NTSB had released its report. However, they did praise the individuals and organizations who responded to the initial crash scene in a very timely manner. The NTSB stated that they had never seen such an organized and immediate response before. They credited the medical volunteers and professional responders with preventing a greater loss of life.
8. General Discussion: Tom Hall announced that the
Quarterly Safety Meeting will be delayed. The newsletter is ready to go and will be available on the Web site. The Web site is up and running at www.steadusers.org. Dave Miller reminded everyone that a FAA-sponsored Mountain Survival Course is scheduled for early next month. Opinion: Only the strong and brave should apply. See below for particulars.
“Aviation Survival Course (26 Hours)”
Topic: Will you be prepared to survive a forced or emergency landing in the Sierra?
On Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Location: Reno Stead Airport
5305 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
Select Number: WP1140902
Description: 10 hours of classroom instruction followed by a 12 hour field practical exercise and finally a 4 hour de-brief.
9. Next Meeting: General Membership meeting November 8, 2011, 5:15p, Stead Pilot Lounge. Everyone is welcome.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:10p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary