STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
May 8, 2012
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at the Stead Airport Pilot Lounge, May 8, 2012, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer; Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Don Osborne, and Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager. Member(s) absent: Mike Walsh, Lin Manning, Lew Gage, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the April 10, 2012 meeting were approved unanimously.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3265.67. Currently there are 59 members. New membership year begins July 1, 2012, dues $20 per year.
4. Correspondence: None
5. Officers and Directors: Terry Matter said the PRS (Pylon Racing School), 14-16 June, is on schedule with 23 students currently enrolled and an additional 21 certified race pilots scheduled to practice on the race course. New arrival and departure procedures for locals and transients (four 15 minute periods per day) are in the final review and approval stage. Obviously, arrivals and departures are still available before and after the school day, monitor ASOS for most current info. The NO PROP line will be in effect except the tenants whose hangars are located behind the J & J Aircraft Repair building area. This is the taxi route currently used by Tim Brill and Ace Aviation. Radio contact with Race Control required.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike Dikun had a scheduling conflict and was unable to attend.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Tom Hall presented the proposed Resolution in support of the EOC project and new terminal building. The vote to accept as presented was unanimous. There is a RTAA final vote scheduled for 0900L May 17, all interested parties welcome.
8. General Discussion: Tom briefed the upcoming Stead Airport events in the coming months, the Young Eagles’ Flight, June 30th, Tenants Summer BBQ, July 14th, and the next Flight Safety Program on October 9th. Dan Ross summarized the Miser Block land lease renewal negotiations between the hangar owners and the Airport Authority. Major areas of concern are the requirements for owner capital investment in pavements, a 10 year lease extension, and a reversion clause. More info to follow as negotiations continue.
9. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be June 12, 2012 5:15p at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:48p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary