STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2012
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held the monthly meeting at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office, July 10, 2012, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer. Board Members: Mike Walsh, Lin Manning, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager, Bill Eck, RTAA Liaison and special guests; Mr. Adam Mayberry, Vice-Chairman RTAA and Mr. Dean Shultz, Executive Vice President/COO RTAA. Member(s) absent: Dan Ross, Secretary, Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Lew Gage, and Don Osborne.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the June 12, 2012 meeting were approved as presented unanimously.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3328.85. Currently there are 61 members. There are two new members, Washoe County Sheriff’s RAVEN Squadron and Steven Sedrel. New membership year begins July 1, 2012, dues $20 per year.
4. Correspondence: None
5. Officers and Directors: None
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Seal coating of Runway 32/14 and adjacent taxiways getting underway. Mike said PRS had 40 aircraft and 50 participants in attendance. The new unlimited race course met with unanimous approval from all concerned. CAP training on the ramp with 74 Cadets participating. Currently, BLM reports low fire activity currently, hope it stays that way for the rest of the fire season. Young Eagles Flight flew 11 aircraft and approximately 100 future pilots. Mike stated that the Reno-Stead recorded 9,400 operations for the month of June.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Mr. Bill Eck (see the following website for a complete list of current Trustees and their bios at www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees) said that he was appointed 1 year by the City of Sparks. He says that he supports General Aviation at both airports. Mr. Eck said he personally supports the new Terminal Building, and advised that revisions to the plan are under way and will be presented to the Board at the August 7th meeting. Tom Hall thanked Mr. Eck for taking the time from his busy schedule to share his insight and answer questions. Tom said he is always very welcome to return anytime and please do.
8. IT Report: Tracy said that he had installed a core software upgrade and renewed the website and licensing fees. He said the SAUA Website was averaging 300 visits per month.
9. General Discussion: None due to the presentations of our special Guests.
10. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be August 14, 2012 5:15p at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office.
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:50p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
STEAD AIRPORT USERS ASSOCIATION (SAUA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States
Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.