STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2012
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office, April 10, 2012, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer; Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Terry Matter, RARA Representative and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Lin Manning, Lew Gage and Special Guest RTAA Trustee Steve Katzmann. Member(s) absent: Mike Walsh and Don Osborne.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the February 14, 2012 meeting were approved unanimously.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3265.65. Currently there are 59 members. A proposal was made by Dave Miller to add a web site button to simplify contributions to the Fred Michel Scholarship Fund.
4. Correspondence: None
5. Officers and Directors: Terry Matter briefed the three major NTSB recommendations resulting from the September 2011 crash. To read the printed report go to: http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/recletters/2012/A-12-013-017.pdf
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike Dikun briefed that the new EOC Terminal Building is at the 90% design level and is out for contract bid estimates. The project should go to the Board of Trustees for final approval in the May timeframe. Q&D is the prime contractor, the cost is estimated at $6.4M, and is expected to be complete 8 months after start.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Trustee Steve Katzmann briefed that the EOC project does not have final approval at this point. There are several questions that need to be addressed before final approval will be granted. Tom Hall made a motion to authorize a resolution in support of the EOC project and new terminal building. The vote was unanimous.
8. General Discussion: Tom Hall briefed the successful Flight Safety meeting last month and the upcoming Pathways to Aviation program scheduled later this month. Additionally, Tom briefly covered the upcoming Stead Airport events in the coming months, the Young Eagles’ Flight, June 30th, Tenants Summer BBQ, July 14th, and the next Flight Safety Program on October 9th. Tom also thanked Steve for taking his valuable time to update the Board and invited him back any time as he and all members of the Airport Authority are always welcome.
9. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be May 8, 2012 5:15p at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:53p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary