RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION
April 10, 2018
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) Board meeting was called to order by President Tom Hall at 5:15 pm at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, April 10, 2018 as follows:
Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, welcomed all at the meeting. Attendees were: Jan Bishop, Jack Buchold, Terry Matter, Bob McLaughlin, Bob Meurer, Dave Miller, Tracy Rhodes, Mike Scott and Greg Stanley.
Also In Attendance: Dean Schultz, Aurora Ritter, and Laura Robb of the Reno Tahoe Aviation Authority (RTAA), and Lisa Brian.
2. Financial Report: Dave Miller reported we have $2,943.59 in our account. Our general balance has traditionally been about $3,000 but since our last year’s BBQ had cost about $1,475, our balance declined as a result, and had only been brought up to its current balance by membership renewals.
3. Membership Report: Dave Miller reported that there were 72 paid members, of 123 total individuals on our RSAA list. It was later reported that due to “unsubscribed” members on our email returns, only 114 individual tenants were still listed.
4. Program: The program was a brainstorming session about various alternatives to increase memberships, attendance, relevance, benefits of membership, meeting effectiveness, group recognition marketing, and other areas that may need more attention.
5. Increase Memberships:
Mike Scott could do an email about us.
An RSAA flyer could be made up and added to a new tenant’s informational packet.
6. Increase Attendance:
Add one quarterly special program meeting.
Do a potluck.
Add affiliation speakers: AOPA, 99’s, Women in Aviation, SSA, Van’s RV’s, Kitfox’s, CAF, UNR, drone groups, Pathways to Aviation, flight school individuals, others.
Initiate a program chairman to concentrate attention to this area of affiliation speakers. Tracy speaks about EAA activities at our regular meetings.
Increase benefits of membership.
7. Increase Relevance:
Review & Revise if required, our Mission Statement.
Draft and send out a questionnaire to listed tenants about their RSAA desired activities or sessions.
At our pancake breakfast, Mike Scott could conduct an overview of construction activities.
Ensure all tenants know about RSAA website, and review it regularly.
8. Increase Benefits of Membership:
Wings and wheels event.
Meeting on wake turbulence.
Add instructional meetings to our agendas or refer them
to EAA IMC or VMC meetings.
Coordinate with FBO to define available benefits from working with them. Current internet availability ?
9. Increase Meeting Effectiveness:
Utilize program chairman to increase value of meetings.
10. Increase Group Recognition:
Place informational signage/banners inside and outside of fence surrounding terminal ground space.
11. Other Items Discussed:
Currently, paid members receive direct emails of agendas, minutes, and RTS manager’s mailings. Unpaid listed tenants can get these on our website.
RTAG has bi-monthly first Wednesday of month meetings, next general one is June.
Terry said very limited tenant flight times available during June PRS due to airport construction, their schedule is flight 8AM to 5PM.
Mike Scott talked about food truck promotions and potential tenant receptivity and support.
Bob McLaughlin to be program chairman, Jan Bishop to look into potential ladies flight related groups for affiliation, Jack Buchold to do pro forma questionnaire to listed tenants for suggestions, Jack and Tracy Rhodes to do basic design for RSAA flyer, Dean to talk to UNR about potential affiliations.
EAA Young Eagles event is April 28.
14. Summary of Action Items, Assignments and Tasks: President Hall summarized the tasks and assignments that were made:
Program Committee, Bob McLaughlin & Greg Stanley, need program for May 8.
Spring Newsletter, Tom Hall
Pancake Breakfast, Dave Miller set for May 19
Welcome Packet for New Tenants, Jack Buchold & Tracy Rhodes
Survey Monkey of Members Wants & Needs, Jack Buchold
Pot Luck Dinner Concepts, Jan Bishop
Advocacy Concepts, Terry Matter
15. Next General Meeting: President Hall thanked all for their attendance and noted that we are on a bi-monthly meeting schedule, the next regularly scheduled general RSAA meeting will be May 8. RTAG members are invited as well.
16. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM
Jack Buchold, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT: (This is generally in mice type at the bottom of our minutes, here it is, enlarged)
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.