RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
October 14, 2014
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, October 14, 2014 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager. Board Members: Alby Redick Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Don Osborne, Lin Manning, Lew Gage, Mike Walsh, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Guests/Members: Col Dan Waters, SAAO, Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and liaison to the RSAA, Robert Rabkin, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Jack Buchold, and Tim Nichols.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of July 8, 2014 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3633.46 Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year dues due now. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 89; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike said the Reno Stead Airport has applied to host the 2015 Regional AOPA Conference. There are 15 other airports in the Region who have also applied. He thinks RTS has a good chance of being selected. UAS operations may commence this Sunday and Tuesday, not absolute. If UAVs are flying, info will be on AWOS. The local C-130 Unit will be practicing at Stead Monday and Wednesday, 12-4p with parachute drops, night operations also scheduled for later. Again, latest info available on AWOS. Stead had 10,465 operations for Sep 3 – Oct 3, Air Races boosted the number. Taxiway C is partially funded, construction to begin spring 2015. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available in the building now. The Terminal Building will be made available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Katzmann said that there was no meeting this month and the Airport Manager covered what he was going to brief. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: None
8. Dave Miller briefed that several tenants were still concerned about the Airport Authority’s lease renewal policy. Tom Hall said Tina Iftiger, Property Manager, would give an overview of the current lease renewal policy at the November 12th meeting.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy reported that he: Published 5 articles, added 15 items to the calendar, deleted 1900+ spam attempts to access site, and updated the website software 22 times. The website had 442 unique visitors, averaging 1:27 each, and viewing 4.0 pages per visit. Most visited pages, 1788, were in order: Home Page, For Sale, Airport Businesses, Article on Embry-Riddle course, Aviation Medical Examiners, Calendar of Events, Join/Renew, and Contacts. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Password: Oct2014-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: email@example.com/.
11. Next Meeting: The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p November 12 this month only, 2014. Note: This is a Wednesday meeting at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:10p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.