RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
November 12, 2014
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, November 12, 2014 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager. Board Members: Alby Redick, Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Lin Manning, Lew Gage, Mike Walsh, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Board Member(s) absent: Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Don Osborne. Guests/Members: Marily Mora, CEO RTAA, Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and liaison to the RSAA, Stacie Huggins, Economic Development Manager, RTAA, Kenneth Moen, C.M., Property Specialist, RTAA, LtCol Rick Ferguson, NVANG, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Jack Buchold, Jan Bishop and John Bell.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of October 14, 2014 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3539.64. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year dues due now. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 90 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike said the Reno Stead Airport Maintenance Team doing last minute pavement repair and crack sealing as long as the good weather will allow. UAV UPDATE: Several companies have applied for and are awaiting FAA Waivers to begin flight testing at Stead. Saturday, November 15th, locally based C-130 aircraft will conduct an airdrop exercise just north of the airport. Check NOTAMs for latest update. Lew Gage asked if the new pavement in the Miser Hangar area is going to be crack sealed. Mike said he would look into it, if weather permits. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available in the building now. The Terminal Building will be made available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Katzmann said the monthly Board of Directors meeting was scheduled for Thursday and said he would have more to brief next month. He did say the Airport Authority is focused on increasing flights into Reno, one is scheduled to begin the fall of 2015, bringing skiers from London non-stop. Additionally, 7 hangars are now available at the former Jet West FBO, cost for T-hangars is $410 month to month, a discount is available for longer term contracts. Mr. Katzmann concluded his remarks saying Stead taxiway C is scheduled for final funding this coming spring. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said the Race Staff is busy preparing for final accreditation for the 2015 season. He also mentioned that the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) convention is scheduled for the first week in December.
8. Stacie Huggins presented a briefing on “Hangar Use and Lease Renewals”. Long story short, all current and future lease renewals will be modeled on the Miser Hangar leases negotiated in June 2013 and which reflects the current FAA Policy for Assured Airports (accepted FAA funding). The duration is 10 years which (at the current time is renewable for another 10 years with FAA restrictions) and a capital investment of at least $1500 is required. Good news is the hangar reversion clause has been deleted.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy reported that he: Published 4 rticles, added 5 items to the calendar, deleted 780 spam attempts to access site, and updated the website software 5 times. The website had 420 visitors, averaging 1:52 each, and viewing 3.8 pages per visit. 179 visits by mobile devices, 43% of visits. Most visited pages, 1788, were in order: Home Page, For Sale, Airport Businesses, article on Embry-Riddle course, Fall Newsletter article, Aviation Medical Examiners, Calendar of Events, Fuel Price Article, and Contacts. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Password: Oct2014-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org/.
11. Next Meeting: The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p December 9, 2014 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:21.p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.