RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
November 10, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, November 10, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Bill Eck, RTAA Trustee and liaison to the RSAA, Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager,. Board Member(s) absent: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Don Osborne, Mike Walsh, Lew Gage, Lin Manning, and Alby Redick. Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Bob McLaughlin, Jack Buchold, Sergio Callegari (newest member) and Bill Janoski. Special Guest(s): Susan Welsh (rescheduled to November due to weather)
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of October 13, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: 3241.00. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed and now began Jan 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 106 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike briefed that Taxiway C, Phase II, is on schedule and should be completed November 15th, wx permitting. Taxiway C will be closed until the project is complete. Check Notams and ASOS for latest updates to the Phase II construction schedule.
The Guard project is currently on hold due to wet conditions but will continue as condition permit. The project consists of repaving, rebuilding and adding new capabilities to the existing facilities.
The 2015-16 snow removal plan was exercised with the recent snow fall and the crews and equipment performed as expected.
Weather permitting, the airport ground crew will complete the ramp crack sealing project for this year.
For those who were not in attendance, the opening of the Military display in the Terminal was well and a real success. Thanks to the news coverage, we have had quite a few folks, including former military personnel stationed at the former Stead AFB coming out to see the display.
There were approximately 2,950 operations in October.
During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bath room are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Taxiway C is on schedule.
Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said the event was good, no financial loss. The crowds and sales were good, expect to finish the 2016 race season well in the black financially.
Bill Eck, Director of Operations for the Air Races is retiring after 21 years. Bill is known around the race circuit as Mr. Air Race. Terry said Bill was invaluable and would be missed. Planning for the 2016 race season progressing. The Class President’s meeting scheduled for last week of February. Terry is attending the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) in Las Vegas, 5-10 Dec. He says, with a straight face, that he is only going to schedule air show acts. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Terry said the Blue Angles have officially committed to perform in 2016.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy said he published 4 articles, added 7 items to the calendar, deleted 1412 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 5 times. There were 300 visits by 265 users with a 1:30 minutes average duration, viewing 4.5 pages. 201 (37%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1350 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 266, For Sale 412, Calendar of Events 38, Airport Businesses 52, Fuel Prices 20, Aviation Medical Examiners 40, Contact 36.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
9. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: email@example.com.
10. Operation Santa Claus: Turn your pilot wings into angel wings and help the children and families of the Children’s Cabinet charity at a truly special aviation event at:
Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Saturday, December 12, 2015 from 1:00pm -2:30pm. If you can help, please contact Bob Meurer, 360-713-8077 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
11. Newsletter Report: Tom Hall presented hard copies of the Fall Newsletter and many copies were distributed.
12. Next General Meeting: President Tom Hall gave a special thanks to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p December 8, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 5:50p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.