RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2013
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Law Offices of Tom Hall May 14, 2013,(The Stead Pilot Lounge is closed for Terminal construction) as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager. Board Members: Lin Manning, Lew Gage, Mike Walsh, and Don Osborne and RARA Representative, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Alby Redick, and Terry Matter.
2. Minutes: Approval of the Minutes of April 9, 2013 meetings was unanimous.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3359.73. Currently there are 67 members. Dave asked that all non-current members be notified. The current membership year began July 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2013, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: None.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: There will be The Wings of Freedom Tour show featuring a P51, B-17 and B-24 at Reno-Stead June 3-5 sponsored by the Collins Foundation. Tours and flights are available at additional costs. This program will have no impact on local flight ops.
PRS is scheduled for June 12-15, there is talk of a TFR, nothing official yet. Reno-Stead departures and arrivals are planned to be the same as last year; before, noon, and after with a 15 minute mid-morning and mid-afternoon windows. Be sure and check with the Airport Manager and NOTAMs for latest guidance prior to planning departures and arrivals. Things have been known to change at the last minute due to requirements.
A new Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority CEO announcement is imminent.
Mike says the airport crew will seal coat and re-stripe the Pit Area. A Young Eagles Flight is planned for June 22. Expectations are 100+ youngsters will sign up for a flight. EAA member pilots with an airplane are encourage to volunteer their time and aircraft for this most worthy event. Here is your opportunity to give a kid his/her first airplane flight.
It’s that time of year again, yep fire inspections. They will begin last week of May until June 15. Be the first to schedule your fire inspection with Patty.
Mike also says he has had a few noise complaints recently of low flying aircraft over the housing area west of the field. Mike emphasized that this is not normal arrival and departure traffic, but really low level airplanes over the housing area. Do your part and be a good neighbor and try to minimize noise by reducing power and prop whenever possible. As pilots, we don’t need any more “top down” guidance on airport pattern ops. If you don’t need it, don’t use it.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Bill Eck: The old control tower has been updated and will be used for both the upcoming June Pylon School and September Reno Air Races. The old Air Races tower will be sold or moved. There is a table-top Mass Causality Exercise scheduled for June 6.
(For a complete list of current Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. Special Guests: None.
9. RARA Report: None.
10. IT Report: Published 10(8) articles, deleted 20 SPAM registrations and 22 SPAM comments and Forum posts, updated website software 8 times and added 3 items to the website calendar of events. There were 341(328) unique visitors averaging 1:45(2:47) while viewing 2(2) webpages with a 22.1%(19%) bounce rate and 100(94) visits by mobile devices 22%(27%) of total visits. The most popular terms used to find the website were in order: Lew Gage’s hangar ad-17(16), Reno Stead Airport Association Users and Reno Stead Airport-33(31), golf carts for sale and Diane Higgins or certificates an AME can issue. The most visited pages 951(885 total page views): Home page 239(256), For Sale 180(119), Forum 23(47), Airport Businesses 23(29), Contact Us 19, Meet the Members 16,Calendar of Events 14(16).
11. General Discussion: Tom reiterated that all Airport Authority Board Trustees and their Staff are always welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly RSAA meetings as are all association members and tenants-at-large. The next General Membership and Safety meeting is scheduled for TBD, location TBD.
12. Next Meeting: June 11, 2013, 5:15p at the River Room, RTIA.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:20p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION(RSAA)MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.