RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
May 12, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, May 12, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Vice-President, Ken Wiegand, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Steve Katzmann, Trustee, RTAA BOD liaison to the RSAA, Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative, and Mike Walsh. Board Member(s) absent: Alby Redick, Lew Gage, Don Osborne, and Lin Manning. Guests/Members: Dean Schultz RTIA COO, Ken Moen, Propertty Specialist II, Director RNO/RTS GA Operations and Affairs, Tim Nichols, Jack Buchold, Bob Meurer and John Howitt, RTAG, Jerry Thurman, and Wes Waltenspiel.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of April 14, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3693.32. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed and now began Jan 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 96 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Construction of Taxiway C, Phase I, is progressing as planned for the most part, with a few surprises which is to be expected. Scheduled for completion NLT June 12th. Phase I consists of rebuilding taxiways C and A2 where they join Runway 8-26 and taxiway B where it joins Runway 14-32. Both runways will be open during daylight hours, check Notams and ASOS for latest updates to this schedule.
Hangar Fire Inspections are currently in full swing now and will continue through July. Remaining dates for inspections in May are; 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, and 28th. Available dates for June are; 3, 4, 8, 9, 15, 17, 20, and 24th. July dates are; 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 18, 20, 21, 23, 27, and 30th. There two inspection dates on a Saturday, one in June on the 2oth and one in July on the 18th. Contact Patty to schedule an inspection date and time.
The Collings Foundation will have four aircraft, B-17, B-24, B-25, and a P-51, parked at the Stead Airport 3-5 June, open 2-5pm on the 3rd, 9-5pm on the 4th, and 9-12pm on the 5th. Walk-through tours are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 years and under. Flights are available in the Bombers and P-51. The Collins Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit. The majority of your flight cost is a tax-deductible donation.
PRS is scheduled for June 17-20 with more students and aircraft this year. Details for tenant departures and arrivals coming soon.
The Stead Airport has a new employee, Anthony Maranda, if you see him, please make him welcome.
NASA AMES plans to use Stead as an alternate test site, more specific info as it becomes available.
During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room is accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Steve Katzmann said a RFQ for a hangar management agreement with a fuel component at the Reno Tahoe International Airport has been cancelled.
Thomas Cook Airlines flights direct London to Reno is on indefinite hold due to Entry and Exit Customs personnel availability.
Valeria flights from Guadalajara MX to Reno are on track as is Jet Blue non-stop NY to RNO.
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said PRS is indeed scheduled for 17-20 June with aircraft arriving a few days earlier. Terry listed the number of students/aircraft type as follows: Students by Class are: Biplane 3, F1 8, Jet 9, Sport 12, T-6 1, Unlimited 3. Total number of aircraft expected to participate: 52.
Terry had previously briefed that the FAA Certified Breitling Jet Team would be performing at this year’s races. The team consists of 7 L-39 aircraft and 1 spare. More info at: http://www.breitling-jet-team.com/en/news-events/.
The TORA TORA TORA Airshow will also be performing with 8 equivalent aircraft in WWII Japanese livery and 1 P-40 in original markings. See website at: http://www.toratoratora.com/home.html. An F-16 will be also performing 4 days during the races. Terry said 4 new unlimited racers have signed up for this year’s races.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy said he published 3 articles, did not add any items to the calendar, deleted 1660 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 12 times. There were 362 visits by 360 users with a 1:25 average duration, viewing 3.9 pages. 118 (33%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1400 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 282, For Sale 394, Airport Businesses 43, Fuel Prices 40, Aviation Medical Examiners 48, Join/Renew 44, Embry-Riddle Online Course 24, and About 48.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
9. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Next Meeting: President Tom Hall gave a special thanks to Mr. Steve Katzmann, Dean Schultz, and Ken Moen for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p June 9, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:00p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.