RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2016
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, May 10, 2016 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Board Member(s) absent: Mike Walsh, Don Osborne, Lin Manning, Alby Redick, Aviation Classics, and Lew Gage. Guests/Members: Jack Buchold, Jan Bishop, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Bob McLaughlin, CAF, Doug Ritter, Rick Vandam, Jeff Turney, Chad Giguiere, Jack Suierveld, and Wes Waltenspiel. Special Guest(s): Ken Moen, RTAA GA Property Specialist.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of April 12, 2016 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3534.10. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed. The new membership year begins Jan 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 109 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: NASA-Ames UAV’s will continue to increase operations/testing at Stead. These operations are expected to have little or no impact on Stead users. Please check NOTAMS and AWOS for days and hours of Stead UAV flight ops. On-going pavement maintenance begins immediately, weather permitting. There were 3650 operations last month, significantly down from same month last year. Help improve the traffic count, GO FLY. The annual hangar fire inspection is progressing nicely. If you haven’t scheduled your fire inspection, please do at your earliest convenience. The fire inspector’s scheduled availability is normally from 0800-1200am 3 to 4 days a week and subject to manpower constraints at the Fire Station. Read that as possible unscheduled cancellations, so please don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your hangar inspection, allow time for possible rescheduling.
During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bathroom are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
6. Guest Speakers: Ken Moen, briefed that another Commercial Standards meeting would be held in June, TBA. He answered a few specific questions from the audience on various subjects. He emphasized that if you want input on the Commercial Standards outline, please attend the June meeting at Stead Terminal Building.
7. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report:
Previously Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter introduced officials from Racing Association to brief the upcoming Pylon Racing School (PRS) schedule, 15-18 June. The schedule is still somewhat in flux, but appears to be very similar to past years’ schedule. More info as the schedule is finalized. Mike Dikon said there will be 2 TFRs in place during flight days, roughly overlaid over each other, one surface to 9.5K and the second surface to 10.5K. Mike said his office would distribute the schedule when finalized. If you have given Patty your email address, you will be first on the distro list and will receive timely updates/changes. Mike said all tenants should try to limit their operations to before and after PRS operations, but if you need to depart or arrive during PRS ops, please contact Mike with your request, the earlier the better.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy’s Stats: He published 4 articles, added 2 items to the For Sale/Rent page, deleted 972 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 18 times. There were 333 visits by 269 users with a 2:10 minute average duration, viewing 5.0 average pages. 134 (40%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1695 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 267, For Sale 814, Calendar of Events 32, Airport Businesses 78, fuel prices 26, Aviation Medical Examiners 56, about 39, and Contacts 20.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. RTAG Report: Bob Meurer, President, stated that the RTAG members are planning a fly-in to the Willows Airport restaurant June 18. He invited RSAA members to join in. It should be a fun time if the weather cooperates. Contact Bob for more info, he needs a rough head count for the restaurant.
12. Next General Meeting: President Hall gave a special thanks to Ken Moen and Terry Matter and Race Officials for taking valuable time from their schedule to attend, and to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p June 14, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:35p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.