RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2016
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, March 8, 2016 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, Mike Walsh, and Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Alby Redick, Aviation Classics, Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Don Osborne, Lew Gage and Lin Manning. Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Jack Buchold, Jack Suierveld, Mike Crowell, Jimmy Hamilton, and Marcus Clark. Special Guest(s): Stacie Huggins, Manager of Airport Economic Development, speaker Ken Moen, GA Property Specialist and Pete Parker, Pathways to Aviation.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of February 9, 2016 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3394.25. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed. The new membership year begins Jan 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 110 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. Guest Speakers: Ken Moen, RTAA GA Aviation Commercial Standards gave a briefing concerning the draft document that would standardize the commercial standards at RSA with the existing commercial standards at RTIA. There are several reasons for the standardization, 1) FAA Assured Airports are required to adopt minimum standards, 2) minimum standards have proven to maximize commercial services, and 3) makes the commercial rules clear and transparent. Ken said the next step to create an advisory committee, consisting of Stead vested volunteers to review and adopt applicable standards. Pete Parker, Pathways to Aviation gave an abbreviated briefing, yielding his time to Ken Moen. Pathways to Aviation is an educational program for kids to develop real and sustained interests in aviation programs, both operational, supervisory, and managerial. In short, aviation-related work force development.
6. RTS Manager’s Report: The first scheduled UAV flights were cancelled last week due to high winds. Future flight tests and training flights dates and times can be found on the NOTAMs and Stead AWOS. Currently, NASA UAV test flights (4) are tentatively scheduled the first two weeks of April. Mike reminded the audience that 3 large concrete hardstand construction is scheduled to begin 4 days after Race Week in September.
The current snow removal priorities are as follows: Fire lanes, runway 8/26, taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, runway 14/32, taxiway B, in that order.
During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bathroom are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
7. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report:
Previously Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter was out of town.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy’s Stats: He published 3 articles, added 5 items to the calendar, deleted 750 spam attempts to access the site, added 1 item to the For Sale/Rent Page, and updated the website software 12 times. There were 344 visits by 283 users with a 1:32 minute average duration, viewing 4.0 average pages. 134 (39%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1377 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 454, For Sale 240, Calendar of Events 32, Airport Businesses 60, fuel prices 26, Aviation Medical Examiners 58, and Contacts 23.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. RTAG Report: Time given to the Aviation Commercial Minimum Standards Briefing.
12. Newsletter Report: The Winter RSAA Newsletter was published and distributed, featuring an article about the future development of Stead Airport.
13. Next General Meeting: Treasurer Dave Miller gave a special thanks to Ken Moen for his briefing and taking valuable time from his schedule to attend, and to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p April 12, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:05p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.