RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
January 13, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, January 13, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager. Board Members: Alby Redick, Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Mike Walsh, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Board Member(s) absent: Vice-President, Ken Wiegand, and Lew Gage, Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and liaison to the RSAA, Stacie Huggins, Economic Development, RTAA, Tina Iftiger, VP AED, RTAA, Major Andy Wagner, Operations/NVARNG, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Jack Buchold, Jan Bishop, Bob McLaughlin, Jim Sieverts, Dave Barret, Tim Nichols, Bob Tangren, Mike Brierley, Bill Janowski, and Barry Simcoe.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of December 9, 2014 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3684.23. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 92 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike said the Reno Stead Airport was not chosen for the Regional AOPA Fly-In this year. Salinas CA received the honor. It appears that flying over the Sierras from CA to NV was a concern for the AOPA Committee. UAV UPDATE: Several companies have applied for and are still awaiting FAA Waivers to begin flight testing at Stead. Mike also said the Airport License Plate Program had been cancelled by the State. We had our first snowfall recently and all of the equipment, new and old was exercised along with the drivers. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available in the building now. The Terminal Building will be made available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Steve Katzman said the Airport Authority is focused on increasing flights into Reno, one is scheduled to begin the fall of 2015, bringing skiers from London non-stop, John Kennedy Airport and Guadalajara MX are on the horizon. Additionally, 7 hangars are now available at the former Jet West FBO, cost for T-hangars is $410 month to month, a discount is available for longer term contracts. Mr. Katzmann concluded his remarks saying Stead taxiway C is scheduled for final funding this coming spring. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said the Air Race Staff is busy preparing for final accreditation for the 2015 season. Class Presidents Meetings begin in February, Airshow acts being scheduled, Breitling Team is on board, PRS tentatively scheduled for 10-11 or 17-18 Jul. The Race is scheduled for 13-20 September. John Agathy is Chairman.
8. Report from RTAA on GA and RFQ: Tina Iftiger and Stacie Huggins presented a slide show briefing on Stead GA and the RFQ update. It appears the programs are moving along as expected. It was noted that subtle (for the better) changes in the Stead Airport economic operations should be evident within a few years.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy reported that he: Published 4 articles, added 7 items to the calendar, deleted 9560 spam attempts to access site, and updated the website software 11 times. The website had 440 visitors, averaging 2:50 each, and viewing 3.7 pages per visit. 125 visits by mobile devices, 28% of visits. Most visited pages, 1788, were in order: Home Page, For Sale, Airport Businesses, article on Embry-Riddle course, Fuel Prices, Aviation Medical Examiners, Calendar of Events, About, and Where is Stead. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Stead_Users_West Password: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: email@example.com/.
11. Next Meeting: The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p February 10, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:21.p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.