RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
January 12, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, January 12, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, and Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Bill Eck, RTAA Trustee and liaison to the RSAA, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Mike Walsh, Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Alby Redick, Aviation Classics, and Lew Gage. Guests/Members: Dean Schultz, RTAA Executive Vice President and COO, Steve Katzmann, Jack Buchold, Robert Meurer, RTAG, CWS Steve Nielson, AASF, Tim Nichols, Marlena Balvin, and Sergio Callegazi. Special Guest(s): Susan Welsh, Ph.d., NAASIC and Jacqueline Perkins, Battle Born Dollz.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of December 8, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3449.66. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed and now began Jan 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 109 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. Guest Speaker: Susan Welch, Ph.D., Grant Writer, UNR Advanced Autonomous Systems Innovation Center (NAASIC). Ms Welch gave an overview of the NASA/UNR UAV Program as it exists today and what is planned for the near future. For the full briefing and further information, please visit the NAASIC website at: www.unr.edu/NAASIC.
6. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike briefed that The Air Guard project is on hold but will continue this spring. The project consists of repaving, rebuilding and adding new capabilities to the existing facilities.
NASA/UNR UAV update: Working to develop training program. Leased the vacant downstairs area for training and simulators. The program will consist of ground and flight training. Until the lower area, planned for early March timeframe, is completed the program will use the former upstairs UAV office.
As a reminder, snow removal activities start at the accumulation of ½” of snow as determined by management. The current snow removal priorities are as follows: Fire lanes, runway 8/26, taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, runway 14/32, taxiway B, in that order.
There were approximately 1415 operations in November, approximately 1000 ops less than November 2014. During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bathroom are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
7. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Eck was unavoidably absent. Previously Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter was unavailable due to his required recovery time from the ICAS “required” activities.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy said he published 4 articles, added 12 items to the calendar, deleted 970 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 10 times. There were 299 visits by 248 users with a 1:30 minute average duration, viewing 3.9 average pages. 120 of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1160 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 461, For Sale 461, Calendar of Events 28, Airport Businesses 46, Join/Renew 25, Aviation Medical Examiners 52, About 32.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. RTAG Report: Bob Meurer introduced Jacqueline Perkins. She discussed information regarding the volunteer group, the Battle Born Dollz. They do many charities and volunteer work around Reno and the surrounding areas. She was requesting possible help with their biggest charity event of the year, the 1940’s Charity Ball, to be held in a heated hangar next November. Attendance would be approximately 150 people with insurance in any amount requested by the hangar owner provided. Additionally, set up and tear down will be taken care of by the Dollz and vendors. If you have or know of a suitable, available hangar, please contact her at: email@example.com
12. Newsletter Report: Tom Hall has not selected the theme for the next RSAA Winter Newsletter.
13. Next General Meeting: President Tom Hall gave a special thanks to MS Welch for her briefing and taking valuable time from her schedule to attend, and to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p February 9, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:37
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.