RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Stead Airport Manager’s Office, February 12, 2013, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager. Board Members: Alby Redick, Don Osborne, Mike Walsh, Lin Manning, and Lew Gage. Guests: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Bill Eck, RTAA Representative. Board Member(s) absent: Terry Matter. Members: Doug Ritter, Reno Aviation Museum, Robert Rabkin, Jack Suierveld, Milt Champion, Doug Kulich, Dave Wilburn, and Marty Berlin.
2. Minutes: Approval of the Minutes of the January 8, 2013 meeting were delayed until the March 12, 2013 meeting.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3577.67. Currently there are 67 members. Dave asked that all non-current members be notified. New membership year began July 1, 2012 and dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Correspondence: None
5. Officers and Directors: None
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Attention is now focused on snow removal and snow removal equipment maintenance. Mike estimates that Stead is no more than 8-10 hours from full operation after a normal snowfall of 6-10 inches. Again, just as a reminder, current snow removal priorities are as follows: Fire lanes, runway 8/26, taxiway Alpha, taxiways between hangars, runway 14/32, taxiway Bravo, in that order. Key cards are now available at the Airport Manager’s Office. Please report any difficulties with gate operations to Mike.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Bill Eck: Generously yielded his time to the RTAA Strategic Planning Process briefing.
(For a complete list of current Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. Special Guests: Adam Mayberry, Vice Chairman RTAA, Dean Schultz, COO RTAA, Tina Iftiger, VP RTAA Economic Development, Stacie Huggins, RTAA Economic Development, and Kim Perkins and Erica Olsen, M3 Planning who gave the RTAA Strategic Planning Process briefing. For more info, go to the Home Page, Featured Articles, then click on RTAA would like your input.
9. RARA Report: Time yielded to Strategic Planning Process brief.
10. IT Report: DELAYED UNTIL MARCH MEETING.
11. General Discussion: The BOD voted to change the name of our association to the Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA). Tom reiterated that all Airport Authority Board Trustees and their Staff are always welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly RSAA meetings as are all association members and tenants-at-large.
The next Pathways to Aviation presentation is scheduled for April 17, 2013 at UNR. The next General Membership and Safety meeting is scheduled for TBD, location TBD.
12. Next Meeting: March 12, 2013, 5:15p at the Reno-Stead Airport Managers Office.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:35p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION(RSAA)MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.