RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
February 10, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, February 10, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Vice-President, Ken Wiegand, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager. Board Members: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Mike Walsh, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Board Member(s) absent: Alby Redick, and Lew Gage, Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and liaison to the RSAA, Dean Schultz, RTAA Executive Vice President and COO, Jack Buchold, Todd Meckler, Reno Stead Maintenance, Cricket Clark, FlyinStead LLC, Jim Whitely, Robert Rabkin, Wes Waltenspiel, Chase International Real Estate, Col Dan Waters, ARNG/SAAO.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of January 13, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3718.51. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 93 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: We had snowfall recently and all of the equipment, new and old was exercised along with the drivers. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available in the building now. The Terminal Building will be made available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Dermody Properties received approval for Phase II and III business plan for developing area at both the Reno Tahoe and Reno Stead airports. Mr. Katzmann said that Dermody officials had contacted and met with several companies interested in relocating. He concluded his remarks saying the FAA had approved Phase I funding of Stead taxiway C approaches where it connects to taxi ways A and B this coming spring. Terry Matter ask that the Air Race officials be part of the planning process to avoid or mitigate problems for PRS and the Air Races. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said the Air Race Staff is busy with the Presidents Meeting Thursday and Friday, 13-14 February, reviewing proposed rule changes, purses, and number of race planes. Airshow acts are finalized. The Pylon Racing Seminar will be held at Stead June 17-20 June. The Air Races are scheduled for 13-20 September. The Race schedule will be; aircraft arrivals NLT Saturday September 12, race course practice day Sunday September 13, qualifying September 14 thru midday the 16, Racing starts afternoon of September 16 thru 20, departures September 21. New CEO is Mike Crowell.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy reported that he: Published 2 articles, added 2 items to the calendar, deleted 6000 spam attempts to access site, and updated the website software 9 times. The website had 483 visitors, averaging 2:25 each, and viewing 3.8 pages per visit. 130 visits by mobile devices, 27% of visits. Most visited pages, 1857, were in order: Home Page, For Sale, Airport Businesses, article on Embry-Riddle course, Fuel Prices, Aviation Medical Examiners, Join/Renew, Contact, and Calendar of Events. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
9. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Next Meeting: President Tom Hall briefed that next Pathways to Aviation is scheduled for April 8th at the Joe Crowley Student Union at UNR, free admittance. Howard Putnam, former CEO SW Airlines, is the guest speaker. Tom presented the hangar land lease rates (cents per square foot) rates for several local airports; Carson-.35, Stead-.23 to .268, Elko-.28, Henderson-.35, Mammoth-.17, and Minden-.20. And lastly, the Newsletter will be published in October. The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p March 10, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:35.p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.