RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
December 9, 2014
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, December 9, 2014 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Dave Miller, Treasurer, Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager. Board Members: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, and Don Osborne. Board Member(s) absent: Lin Manning, Mike Walsh, Lew Gage, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative. Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and liaison to the RSAA, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Jack Buchold, John Parker, and Major Andy Wagner, NVARNG.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of November 11, 2014 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3613.08. Dave asked that all members be reminded that the new membership year dues now due. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 91 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: UAV UPDATE: No change is the status of credentials for several companies awaiting to begin flight testing. Mike has asked the Airport Authority to approach the Governor’s office and inquire about the status of the replacement for Colonel “Bum” Rapp as State Range Master. Bum has accepted a position at the UNR UAV Program. The 2015 AOPA Fly-In schedule is yet to be completed and announced. Stead is one of the possible sites for next year’s list, more info later. For a list of the remaining 2014 AOPA Fly-In sites see: http://www.aopa.org/Community-and-Events/AOPA-Fly-In/2014. Mike briefed that there were 4100 operations for November, bringing the calendar year 11 month total to nearly 50,000 operations. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available in the building. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for tenant training and seminars, or other community activities. Please contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Katzmann said at the last monthly Board of Directors and financial Committee meeting several items were addressed. A 5 year, $595K advertising non-exclusive contract was approved for the RTIA Passenger Terminal. The company that was selected will invest the $595K, their money, in advertising murals and audio/visual displays around the terminal. RTIA will receive a portion of the advertising revenue generated. He did say the Annual Financial Report was approved for 2013-14. Mr. Katzmann concluded his remarks saying Stead taxiway C is scheduled for final funding this coming spring. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter was unavoidably detained and missed the meeting.
9. Santa Clause Fly-In at the Reno Tahoe Airport organized by the Reno Tahoe Aviation Group (RTAG). Scheduled for 1330L Saturday, December 13th to help 20 needy families have a better Christmas. Bob Meurer, President of RTAG, is asking all interested pilots to volunteer to fly to Reno Tahoe and participate in the airplane parade which includes aircraft from the local Guard and Reserve Units and a visit by Santa Claus himself. Presents for the kids and a holiday party to follow in the beautiful Atlantic Hangar. Fun is expected to be had by all, ho ho ho.
10. Webmaster Report: Tracy reported that he: Published 3 articles, added 4 items to the calendar, deleted 550 spam attempts to access site, and updated the website software 10 times. The website had 410 visitors by 305 different users, averaging 1:35 each, and viewing 3.9 pages per visit. 168 visits by mobile devices, 41% of visits. Most visited pages, 1608, were in order: Home Page, For Sale, Airport Businesses, article on Embry-Riddle course, Fall Newsletter article, Aviation Medical Examiners, Calendar of Events, About, and Contact. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
11. WiFi Status: Password: Oct2014-SteadU. The new Password starting January 2015 is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org/.
12. Next Meeting: The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p January 13, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:10.p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.