RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, December 8, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Bill Eck, RTAA Trustee and liaison to the RSAA, Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager, Lin Manning, Don Osborne, and Alby Redick, Aviation Classics,. Board Member(s) absent: Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Mike Walsh, and Lew Gage. Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Bob McLaughlin, CAF, Jack Buchold, Mark Maley, CAF, Rick Filipowicz, CAF, Charlie Gillespie, High Sierra CAF Chapter Commander, and John Proehl, CAF. Special Guest(s): Susan Welsh (rescheduled to January due to special presentation by the CAF)
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of November 10, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3245.28. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed and now began Jan 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 107 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike briefed that Taxiway C, Phase II, is complete.
The Air Guard project is slowly progressing due to wet conditions but will continue as condition permit. The project consists of repaving, rebuilding and adding new capabilities to the existing facilities.
NASA/UNR UAV update: Working to develop training program. Leased the vacant downstairs area for training and simulators. The program will consist of ground and flight training. Until the lower area is completed the program will use the upstairs conference room. The AIP Grants will be used to construct hard stands, 300 x 75 feet to support heavy aircraft, such as the recently upgraded firefighting aircraft. Construction is expected to begin immediately following the 2016 Air Races.
There were approximately 2,200 operations in November, slow month.
During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bath room are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Eck yielded his time to the CAF presentation. Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter was unavailable due to his “required” attendance at the weeklong International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) Convention in Las Vegas. I understand that there are lots of hosted parties and cute ladies. Something about booking air show acts. It is a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy said he published 3 articles, added 4 items to the calendar, deleted 1910 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 8 times. There were 332 visits by 272 users with a 1:57 minutes average duration, viewing 4.0 pages. 132 of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1328 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 195, For Sale 592, Calendar of Events 26, Airport Businesses 48, Fuel Prices 16, Aviation Medical Examiners 73, Contact 26.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
9. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Operation Santa Claus: The second annual program supported by RTAG to help the Children’s Cabinet charity give the children and families a truly special Christmas. The aviation event was held at Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Saturday, December 12, 2015 from 1:00pm -2:30pm and from all reports, another outstanding success. If you can help next year, please contact Bob Meurer, 360-713-8077 or email@example.com for more info.
11. Newsletter Report: Tom Hall has not selected the theme for the next RSAA Winter Newsletter.
12. Next General Meeting: President Tom Hall gave a special thanks to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p January 12, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:13p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.