RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
August 13, 2013
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Aviation Classics Conference Room August 13, 2013, (The Stead Pilot Lounge is closed for the new Terminal construction) as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager. Board Members: Lin Manning, Mike Walsh, Steve Katsmann, RSAA liaison and member RTAA Board of Trustees, RARA Representative Terry Matter, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Lew Gage, Don Osborne, and Alby Redick.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of July 9, 2013 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand, $3249.22. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now two months into the new membership year dues are past due. The new membership year began July 1, 2013 and ends June 30, 2014, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 66 members. Everyone is reminded that the current membership year ends June 30 and the new membership year begins July 1, dues are payable now.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: The new Terminal is on time and on budget, past the 50% completion point. The Occupancy Permit is expected December 12th. A Young Eagles Flight Program (ages 8-17) flown on June 22, was judged an outstanding success. The annual RSAA BBQ was catered by Dickey’s BBQ and 60 members and friends attended. All Fire Inspections should be completed by now. If you need to reschedule, see Patty, at the Stead Airport manager’s office, 328-6573. A detailed tenant notice of proposed RARA operations and restrictions during Race Week will be published circulated shortly.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: The new RTIA CEO has met with the Reno Tahoe Airport users group and will meet with the RSAA in the near future. The old control tower has been updated and will be the primary tower for all Reno Air Race activities for the foreseeable future. The old walk-up Air Race tower is be sold or removed. (Here is your chance to have your very own control tower/viewing stand, limited time only offer.)
(For a complete list of current Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: All the PRS pertinent info sent out by email. There will be copious amounts of FAA oversight during the Race School. Additionally, a TFR will be established encompassing the Reno Stead Airport and the airport will be closed for all operations from 8pm to 6am 9-16 Sep.
8. Webmaster Report: Published 5 articles, deleted 41 SPAM registrations and 145 SPAM comments on the Forum, and updated website software 3 times. The website had 320 unique visitors, averaging 1:30 each, and viewing 1.9 pages per visit. Most visited pages (823) were in order: Home page, For Sale, Hangar availability, join/renew page, meeting minutes, airport businesses, summer newsletter, and contact us.
10. Newsletter Report: The next issue of the Reno-Stead Newsletter will focus on the new RTAA Strategic Plan.
11. General Discussion: Tom reiterated that all Airport Authority Board Trustees and their Staff are always welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly RSAA meetings as are all association members and tenants-at-large. The next General Membership and Safety meeting is scheduled for TBD, location TBD.
12. Next Meeting: October 8, 2013, 5:15p location TBD.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:15p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION(RSAA)MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.