RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
April 9, 2013
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Spitfire Bar and Grill, April 9, 2013,(The Stead Pilot Lounge is closed for Terminal construction) as follows:
1. Attendance: Ken Weigand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, Dan Ross, Secretary, and Tracy Rhoads, IT Manager. Board Members: Lin Manning, Lew and Carmen Gage, and Terry and Cherrie Matter, RARA Representative, and Mike and Denise Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Tom Hall, President; Alby Redick, Mike Walsh, and Don Osborne.
2. Minutes: Approval of the Minutes of March 12, 2013 meetings was unanimous.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3577.77. Currently there are 67 members. Dave asked that all non-current members be notified. The current membership year began July 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2013, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: None.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Scheduling conflict.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Bill Eck: Scheduling conflict.
(For a complete list of current Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. Special Guests: Robert Andrews was unavoidably detained.
9. RARA Report: None.
10. IT Report: Published 7 articles, deleted 15 SPAM registrations, updated website software 0 times. There were 328 visitors averaging 2:47 while viewing 2 webpages. The most popular terms used to find the website were in order: Lew Gage’s hangar ad-16,Reno Stead Airport Association Users and Reno Stead Airport-33, Piper AD info, Diane Higgins, and Hangars for rent. The most visited pages (971 total page views): Home page (219), For Sale (119), Forum (47), Airport Businesses (29), Medical Examiners (39), Airline Qualification Article (18), Calendar of Events (16), and Pathways Article (15).
11. General Discussion: Ken reiterated that all Airport Authority Board Trustees and their Staff are always welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly RSAA meetings as are all association members and tenants-at-large. The next General Membership and Safety meeting is scheduled for TBD, location TBD.
12. Next Meeting: May 14, 2013, 5:15p at TBD.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:00p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION(RSAA)MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.