RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
April 14, 2015
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, April 14, 2015 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Vice-President, Ken Wiegand, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager, Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, and Terry Matter, RARA Representative, Don Osborne, Lin Manning, and. Board Member(s) absent: Alby Redick, Lew Gage, and Mike Walsh. Guests/Members: Bob Larkin, substituting for Steve Katzmann, Member BOD, RTAA and Former liaison to the RSAA, Kelly Scott, Tim Nichols, Jack Buchold, Cricket Clark, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Bob Howitt, Jim Whiteley, and Bob Tangien.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of March 10, 2015 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3759.67. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year began July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: Check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 96 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Construction of Taxiway C, Phase I, to begin April 27, mostly at night, for approximately 2 months. Phase I consists of rebuilding taxiways C and A2 where they join Runway 8-26 which will be open during daylight hours. The Collings Foundation will have four aircraft, B-17, B-24, B-25, and a P-51, parked at the Stead Airport 3-6 June. PRS is scheduled for June 17-20. BLM flights due to start May 1 and continue throughout the fire season. The Stead Airport has a new employee, Anthony Maranda, starting work Monday, 13 April. NASA AMES plans to use Stead as an alternate test site, more specific info as it becomes available. During normal business hours, the mission planning room and associated bath room will be accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code. The code will be posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot available. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact the Airport Manager’s Office for details.
6. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Bob Larkin said a RFQ had been prepared for a hangar management agreement with a fuel component at the Reno Tahoe International Airport. Mr. Larkin said Mike had covered the Taxiway C details. For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
7. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter said the FAA Certified Breitling Jet Team would be performing at this year’s races. The team consists of 7 L-39 aircraft and 1 spare. More info at: http://www.breitling-jet-team.com/en/news-events/. The TORA TORA TORA Airshow will also be performing with 8 equivalent aircraft in WWII Japanese livery and 1 P-40 in original markings. See website at: http://www.toratoratora.com/home.html. An F-16 will be also performing 4 days during the races. Terry said 4 new unlimited racers have signed up for this year’s races.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy said he published 3 articles, added 4 items to the calendar, Deleted 990 spam attempts to access the site, and updated the website software 12 times. There were 425 visits by 360 users with an 1:30 average duration, viewing 3.8 pages. 150 (35%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1622 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 311, For Sale 435, Airport Businesses 39, Fuel Prices 39, Aviation Medical Examiners 99, Join/Renew 40, Embry-Riddle Online Course 41, and Calendar 51. Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
9. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password: JAN2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Next Meeting: President Tom Hall thanked Mr. Bob Larkin for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team. The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p May 12, 2015 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:06p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.