RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2016
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 5:15p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, April 12, 2016 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, Mike Walsh, Don Osborne, Lin Manning, and Board Member(s) absent: Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager, Alby Redick, Aviation Classics, Terry Matter, RARA Representative, and Lew Gage. Guests/Members: Steve Katzmann, Jack Buchold, Jan Bishop, Tony Logoteta, RARA, George Scott, land Bob Meurer, RTAG. Special Guest(s): Stacie Huggins, Manager of Airport Economic Development, and Ken Moen, GA Property Specialist.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of March 8, 2016 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3418.89. Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed. The new membership year begins Jan 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 110 members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. RTS Manager’s Report: Repeat from last meeting.
Mike reminded the audience that 3 large concrete hardstand construction is scheduled to begin 4 days after Race Week in September.
During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bathroom are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
6. Guest Speakers: Stacie Huggins, and Ken Moen, tag team, briefed the following items:
1. Grand opening of the NASA Lab
2. 3rd week in April would see the first coordinated drone flights from all 6 test sites, wx permitting
3. Governor Sandoval visited the NASA Lab Wednesday, 6 April for a tour
4. Dermody Properties RFQ was accepted. Dermody and RTAA partnership to commercially develop 1700 acres at Stead
5. RTAA has offered the Air Races a 2 year license
6. $10M invested at Stead in the past few years
7. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report:
Previously Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter still out of town.
9. Liar’s Night: Reserved for Tall Tales of Aviation Heroics or Failures with rules. Rule 1: If the Tale starts with “This is a no-s*** war story” or “there I was….”, the story has to be believed no matter how many inconsistencies may be noted.
Rule 2: See Rule 1. Tom led off with 2 episodes, Don, Lin, Ken, and Dan following. I am sure all stories were absolutely true and accurate depending on the teller’s “rememory”.
10. Webmaster Report: Tracy’s Stats: He published 0 articles, added 0 items to the calendar, deleted 720 spam attempts to access the site, added 1 item to the For Sale/Rent Page, and updated the website software 8 times. There were 378 visits by 321 users with a 1:50 minute average duration, viewing 4.6 average pages. 150 (40%) of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1739 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 254, For Sale 465, Calendar of Events 38, Airport Businesses 50, fuel prices 16, Aviation Medical Examiners 96, and Contacts 64.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
11. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: email@example.com.
12. RTAG Report: No report due to Liar’s Night going a little over time.
13. Next General Meeting: President Hall gave a special thanks to Stacie Huggins and Ken Moen for their briefing and taking valuable time from his schedule to attend, and to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p May 10, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:32p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.