RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION
Membership Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) bi-monthly general meeting was called to order by President Tom Hall at 5:16 pm at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, June 11, 2019 as follows:
Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, welcomed all at the meeting. Association Officers, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, were in attendance. Guest Member Mike Scott, RTS Manager was also in attendance. Directors in attendance were Lew Gage, Bob McLaughlin and Dan Ross, while Directors not in attendance were: Jack Buchold, Secretary, Lin Manning, Terry Matter, RARA Representative, and Alby Redick, Aviation Classics,.
Members/Guests and Special Guests In Attendance: Jan Bishop, Marilyn Dash, Doug Kulick, Bob Meurer, Zach Mosedale, Curtis Wheeler, and Dean Schultz, COO of Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority.
1. Minutes of Last Meeting: The Minutes of the previous general membership meeting were approved without comment. The most recent scheduled Board meeting was held on May 14, 2019.
2. Financial Report: Dave Miller noted a balance of $3,797.16 in our account.
We were reminded that The new membership year begins January 1, 2019 and ends December 31, 2019, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
3. Membership Report: Dave Miller previously reported 123 listed names on the roster, among which were two new members, with 86 names on our email distribution list, and 56 paid memberships.
4. Program: The program was provided by Kurt O. Haukohl, State Aviation Manager, Planning Division, State of Nevada. Kurt did a lengthy and very informative review of State activities in the realm of aviation related activities, locations and planning, the outlook for aviation in the near term and future in Nevada, community airport locations and levels of activity, and the state’s relations with the FAA and other stakeholders in aircraft and airport related activities in the State. With the recent changes in the Governor’s and legislative offices in the State, there could be changes in emphasis for his office as well.
President Hall thanked him for the very informative discussion, and noted that aviation was a subject of immense importance to all in attendance.
RTS Manager’s Report: Mike Scott, RTS Airport Manager briefed everyone on his attendance at the 75th Anniversary of D-Day and the Normandy invasion, and noted that he would do a complete presentation at our August meeting. Since he had been gone for the past two plus weeks, he was not quite up-to-date on all activities that had recently taken place, however, road construction was currently underway, which would extend into August. There had been a number of drone tests, utilizing an “urban air mobility” concept and downtown Reno related activities, reported in the Reno Gazette Journal.
Dean Schultz gave a quick report on the hangar rate study update, with a phase 1 and 2 separation about the best approach, and then surveys of 16 airports and their costs.
6. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Shaun Carey was not in attendance.
7. RARA Report: Terry Matter was not in attendance and RARA matters were not discussed.
8. Webmaster Report: Tracy Rhodes presented a Work Accomplished and Analytics report to the Secretary. The report reflected that over the past thirty days the website had been working very well; four articles were published, the website software was updated 15 times, and WordPress was updated to version 5.2.1. Analytics were; 678 visits by 584 different users, almost three pages reviewed per user, and there were 414 visits by mobile devices, for 61% of total visits. It was noted that PRS Update was queried for 454 visits, about 67% of all queries. Our address is still https://steadusers.org. Tracy also noted the Young Eagles day activities on Saturday, and the use of new software to support it.
9. RTAG Report: Bob Meurer talked about the runway closures coming at RNO due to construction activities.
10. Next RSAA Board Meeting: JULY 9, 2019
Next RSAA General Meeting: AUGUST 13, 2019
Program is TBA
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 PM
Jack Buchold, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT:
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.