STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2011
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at 305 South Arlington Avenue on March 8, 2011, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Dave Miller, Vice President/Treasurer; Directors; Don Osborne, Ken Weigand, Terry Matter, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Member(s) absent: Dan Ross, Secretary; Mike Walsh, Brooks Mancini, Reno International Airport Authority SAUA Liaison, Lin Manning, Lew Gage.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the February 8, 2011 meeting were not reviewed because no minutes were taken due to absent/no-good Secretary being on a two week cruise in the Caribbean.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $4326.66 vs. $4368.82 reported for the January 2011 meeting. Currently there are 50 members.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: Terry Matter’s and Dave Miller’s merged final draft of the SAUA Mission Statement were again reviewed and approved by the Board, no dissenting votes. See attached copy of the formal Mission Statement.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike Dikun reported that the Reno-Stead Runway Safety Project is on track for completion early May 2011. Inclement weather has caused a two week delay from mid-April timeframe. Phase one is complete and Phase two is progressing on schedule but does affect the Runways 08/26-14/32 intersection areas. Mike reviewed the impact to flying operations. Runways 14/32 has 8650 feet available. Access to Runway 32 is via taxiway A to B then back taxi Runway 26 to Runway 32. Runway 14 is taxiway A to B to 14. Runways 08/26 will be more impacted by this phase of the project and but remain open with 4608 feet available. Access to Runway 08 is taxiway A to 08, and access to runway 26 is taxiway A to A2 then back taxi to the end of Runway 26 As the primary runway, 14/32 will have priority for snow removal(see below). Mike will keep tenants updated through emails and personal briefings. Mike asks that anyone who has special circumstances, please contact him. Also once again, snow removal priorities are: Fire lanes, runway 08/26, (if open, runway 14/32 otherwise) taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, in that order.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Randi Thompson, Chair RTIAA, gave a very interesting progress report on the status of the new Reno-Stead Terminal building. Building architectural designs are at or nearing completion. The terminal will have approximately 19,000 square feet housing expanded operations offices, tan EOC complex, and a pilot lounge. The expect date of completion is May 2013.
8. General Discussion: Tom Hall thanked Randi Thompson for taking her valuable time to update the Board and invited her back any time as she and any members of the Airport Authority are always welcome.
9. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be April 12, 2011 5:15p at Tom Hall’s office, 305 S. Arlington.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:10p.