STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at Dave Miller’s hangar June 14,2011, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Dave Miller, Vice President/Treasurer; Dan Ross, Secretary; Directors Mike Walsh Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Ken Weigand, Lew Gage, and Terry Matter. Liaison members: Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager and Brooks Mancini, RTAA Representative, and the newly appointed RTAA Representative that will replace Brooks, is Trustee Bill Eck. Member(s) absent: None.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the May 2011 meeting were approved as presented.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand, $3907.93. Currently there are 56 members, seven more since the first of the year. A new supply of BOD Polo-type shirts are available for Directors.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: The meeting was held at Dave’s hangar because Tracy Rhodes needed a WiFi connection to present his proposal for the SAUA Website. His presentation was approved with very minor additions. Tracy will again present the updated version at the July meeting. Dave has authored a letter to the local Guard Unit/CC suggesting an advisory representative be appointed to provide a military viewpoint for the Board. The Unit/CC has indicated that he will serve. Tom Hall briefed many of the known specifics of next Saturday’s membership barbeque. The barbeque will commence at 11:00 a.m. at the airport manager’s office under the parking structure, patio dining. He again reminded the Board that the Young Eagle flights are scheduled for the following Saturday morning, June 25th, along with a free pancake breakfast from 0700-1200 for the Young Eagles participants. The event will be held in the RARA area on the West end of the airport. Additionally, there is to be a sizable number of aircraft static displays and informational booths available. Dave Miller is organizing a display of restored cars from the local car clubs in the area and is asking for volunteer assistance. He suggested that it would be a nice gesture if the SAUA Board provided complimentary pancake breakfast tickets to the car participants as a thank you for their efforts. The suggestion was approved as suggested.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike Dikun reported last week’s IMAX filming is complete and with minor hiccups was considered a success by both the producers and the airport staff. He wants to thank the Stead tenants for their efforts to help make the filming such a success. With last week’s film production “in the can” as they say, PRS is now in full swing and will present continuing challenges for the airport tenants and staff through the weekend. Mike highly recommends that Stead tenants become familiar with the PRS schedule and try to work around the PRS training periods. However, if anyone has special circumstances and needs to depart, please contact him well in advance for special handling. The new AWOS is ordered and is still on target to be operational mid-July. It has both UHF and phone line capability. This new AWOS will report RTS wx conditions to a central processing facility and provide METARs for pilot with glass cockpits or handheld display devices.
7. Stead Liaison Report: Brooks Mancini, RTIAA, formally introduced his successor, Mr. Bill Eck. Bill thanked Brooks for his efforts working with the SAUA BODs. He promised to continue to work closely with SAUA for the betterment of the Reno-Stead Airport.
8. General Discussion: Tom Hall thanked Brooks for his time and efforts on behalf of the Stead Airport and his close cooperation with the SAUA BOD. All the directors unanimously agreed. Thank you Brooks.
9. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be July 12th, 2011 5:15 p.m. again at the Stead summer quarters, but at Dave’s hangar, because of the need for WiFi and cookies.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 p.m.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary