RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION BOARD
June 12, 2018
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) Board meeting was called to order by President Tom Hall at 5:15 pm at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, June 12, 2018 as follows:
Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, welcomed all at the meeting. Attendees were: Jack Buchold, Terry Matter, Bob McLaughlin, Tracy Rhodes, Mike Scott, Greg Stanley, Paul Watson, Curtis Wheeler and Ken Wiegand.
2. Review Minutes: minutes from April 10, 2018 were approved without comment.
3. Financial Report: It was reported RSAA has $3,006.50 in our account. Our general balance has traditionally been about $3,000 but since our last year’s BBQ had cost about $1,475, our balance declined as a result, and had only been brought up to its current balance by membership renewals.
4. Recap of Pancake Breakfast: It was reported that there were about 60 people in attendance, at a cost of about $370, per Jack’s memory. Dave Miller will give a more complete tally at our next regular meeting.
5. Membership Report: Jack Buchold reported that he had been sending all minutes and Stead Manager emails to our complete listing of interested parties, however, no substantive renewals of memberships had been noted. We were still about 50 paid members.
6. RTS and Brick Sales: Mike Scott reported that this activity would wrap up in mid-October, after the Air Races. Prices are $100 and $125, with an additional $10 for clip art. It is expected that on September 4, runway 8/26 will become active for the races, with striping and other incidental activities being completed in October. After some discussion, it was decided that (hopefully) October 20would be a good day for a “new runway inaugural opening event”, and some related activities would be planned. In addition, Mike reported on the RTAA’s mission statement and updated master plan in process, which can be viewed on the RTAA website, through the link.
7. Webmaster Report: Tracy Rhodes said that there had been eight articles published, the website software was updated 23 times, the WordPress software now was at release 4.9.6 and there were 495 visits to the website, with 178 or 36% by mobile devices.
There were 1,599 total page views, with For Sale having the most visits at 456. He said that RTAG was requesting an RFQ on hangar pricing at RNO, with a committee looking at the situation. He said that the IMC meeting on June 26 would be a FAAST discussion on the iPad and ForeFlight.
8. RARA Update: Terry Matter spoke on the PRS activities, thanking all for their help and support, and noting too much wind on Saturday, and rescheduled training flights. He said that the real heavy planning for the Races was starting now.
9. Next Meetings: next General Meeting July 10; program with Pete Parker on Pathways to Aviation.
I will focus my remarks to how we’re informing, inspiring, and engaging aviation’s next generation. I will describe new ways we’re reaching K-12. I’ll spend a decent amount of emphasis on our new Futures in Aerospace program, which connects high school and college students to industry leaders and prepares them to become career-ready in the workforce.
Next Board Meeting August 14, no September Meetings due to the Air Races, October will be a planning meeting.
16. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM
Jack Buchold, Secretary
Board & Officer Members:
Tom Hall, Jack Buchold, Lew Gage, Lin Manning, Terry Matter, Bob McLaughlin, Dave Miller, Tracy Rhodes, Dan Ross, Alby Redick & Honorary Board Member Mike Scott.
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT: (This is generally in mice type at the bottom of our minutes, here it is, enlarged)
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.