STEAD AIRPORT USERS’ ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
December 7, 2010
The Stead Airport Users’ Association (SAUA) held a meeting at 305 South Arlington Avenue on December 07, 2010, as follows:
1. Attendance: Tom Hall, President; Dave Miller, Vice President/Treasurer; Dan Ross, Secretary; Directors Mike Walsh, Lin Manning, Don Osborne, Lew Gage, Ken Weigand, and Mike Dikun, Reno-Stead Airport Manager. Member(s) absent: Brooks Mancini, Reno International Airport Authority SAUA Liaison.
2. Minutes: Minutes of the November 09, 2010 meeting were approved as presented.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Cash on hand,$4368.82 The Association has 48 members.
4. Correspondence: None.
5. Officers and Directors: Terry Matter’s and Dave Miller’s drafts of the SAUA Mission Statement were reviewed. The Board decided that merging the two drafts would be acceptable. Terry Matter will work on a second draft. Tom Hall asked each of the Directors to again review for the January meeting.
6. Airport Manager’s Report: Mike Dikun reported that the Reno-Stead Runway Safety Project that commenced last month is on track for completion mid-April 2011. Mike reviewed the impact to flying operations. Runways 14/32 will not be impacted by this phase of the project and will remain open as the primary runway. As the primary runway, 14/32 will have priority for snow removal(see below). As of the current time, the entire 08/26 runway is closed until 15 January. The runway is closed all week days and nights starting at 0700 each Monday and will reopen at 1700 each Friday. The runway will be open both weekend days and nights from 1700 Friday until 0700 Monday. Runway 08/26 will be open both days and nights for Christmas Week, 24 December thru 2 January. Phase II will commence at the completion of Phase I. Phase II will impact flight operations at the intersection of runways 08/26 and 14/32. During Phase two, all runways will be open with a minimum of 5000’ available. This change should shorten the impact on Stead flight operations by several months from the originally projected time frame. Mike will keep tenants updated through emails and personal briefings. Mike asks that anyone who has special circumstances, please contact him. Also once again, snow removal priorities are: Fire lanes, runway 08/26, (if open, runway 14/32 otherwise) taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, in that order. Mike is working on replacing the AWOS system. The current AWOS is 20 years old and the manufacturer no longer supports the system. He is requesting inputs from the tenants for the type of system they would prefer be installed.
7. Stead Liaison Report: None
8. General Discussion: Tom reviewed the comments from Krys Bart for those members who may have been absent. Lew Gage attended the last RTIA Board meeting and discussed several of the items of interest.
9. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be January 11, 2011 5:15p at Tom Hall’s office, 305 S. Arlington.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:10p.