RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2016
The Reno Stead Airport Association (RSAA) monthly meeting was called to order at 4:30p at the Reno Stead Terminal Conference Room, Tuesday, February 9, 2016 as follows:
1. Welcome and Attendance: Tom Hall, President, Ken Wiegand, Vice-President, Dave Miller, Treasurer, and Dan Ross, Secretary. Board Members: Tracy Rhodes, IT Manager, Alby Redick, Aviation Classics, Mike Walsh, Don Osborne, Lew Gage and Mike Dikun, Stead Airport Manager. Board Member(s) absent: Terry Matter, RARA Representative, and Lin Manning. Guests/Members: Bill Eck, RTAA Trustee and liaison to the RSAA, Marily Mora, A.A.E., President/CEO, Dean Schultz, RTAA Executive Vice President and COO, Ken Moen, GA Property Specialist, Bob Meurer, RTAG, Steve Katzmann, Jack Buchold, Robert Meurer, RTAG, CWS Steve Nielson, AASF, and John Parker, Glenn Graves, James Price, Cricket Clark, Doug Kulick, Ron Kirby, Robert Rabkin, Jerry Thurman, Jack Suierveld, Bob Tangren, Jim Whiteley, Gary Garrett, Andy Monroe, Peter Neuman, Michael Hoke, Jim Hamilton, Al Knepper, Mike Crowell. Special Guest(s): Tina Iftiger, Vice President of Airport Economic Development, and guest speaker Stacie Huggins, Manager of Airport Economic Development.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Approval of the Minutes of January 12, 2016 meetings was unanimous.
3. Financial Report: Cash on hand: $3449.66 (not updated). Dave asked that all members be reminded that we are now in the new membership year with dues now payable. The new membership year has changed. The new membership year begins Jan 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2016, dues are $20 per year. Dues can be paid: check or cash by mail at:
Reno Stead Airport Association
5499 Alpha Avenue
Reno, NV 89506
or PayPal from the Website (www.steadusers.org), or cash/check to Dave Miller at the Miller Speed Sports hangar.
4. Membership Report: Currently there are 109 (not updated) members; several members have not yet renewed their membership for the current fiscal year.
5. Guest Speaker: Stacie Huggins, Manager of Airport Economic Development. Stacie gave an in-depth briefing of the Reno Stead Airport Master Plan and the Dermody Properties Stead Economic Development Plan. To view the briefing slides, go to Stead Airport website http://www.renoairport.com/reno-stead under the “Property/Tenants” tab click the “RFQ information” tab.
6. RTS Manager’s Report: Mike’s time given to Master Plan briefing.
The current snow removal priorities are as follows: Fire lanes, runway 8/26, taxiway A, taxiways between hangars, runway 14/32, taxiway B, in that order.
There were approximately 2723 operations in January 2016, approximately 250 ops less than January 2015. During normal business hours, both the mission planning room and associated bathroom are accessible from the flight line side. The flight lounge available after hours by card lock (the same card issued to tenants) or using a code posted as previously located. There also will be an EXIT ONLY door from the mission planning room to the south side front parking lot. Open WiFi is available. The Terminal Building is available during and after hours for training, seminars, and other activities. Contact Patty at the Airport Manager’s Office at 775-328-6570 or email@example.com for details.
7. RTAA Trustee Liaison Report: Mr. Eck: Time given to Master Plan Briefing. Previously Bill said if anyone wanted to contact him, his email address is Bill.Eck@sbcglobal.net
For more information about the Board of Trustees and their bios, go to www.renoairport.com/airport-authority/board-trustees).
8. RARA Trustee Liaison Report: Terry Matter was out of town.
9. Webmaster Report: Tracy’s Stats: He published 0 articles, added 1 items to the calendar, deleted 890 spam attempts to access the site, added 1 item to the For Sale/Rent Page, and updated the website software 5 times. There were 353 visits by 287 users with a 1:15 minute average duration, viewing 3.75 average pages. 139 of those visits were by mobile devices. Tracy said there were 1316 pages visited with the most visited pages: Home Page 192, For Sale 517, Calendar of Events 24, Airport Businesses 46, Join/Renew 32, Aviation Medical Examiners 93, and Contacts 26.
Tracy is now in the Web Hosting business, if you need web site assistance or a new web site developed, please give Tracy a call.
10. WiFi Status: Current Stead_Users_West Password is: Jan2015-SteadU. The Stead Users internet transmitter is intended to be Ramp Access WiFi Only and coverage is not expected to extend to hangars located south of the parking apron. If you experience your navigation devices timing out before download is complete, please contact the secretary, RSAA.
For those desiring their own personal high speed internet connection, please contact Robert Andrews at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. RTAG Report: Bob Meurer: Time given to Master Plan Briefing.
12. Newsletter Report: Tom Hall stated the theme for the next RSAA Winter Newsletter will be the Master Plan Briefing.
13. Next General Meeting: President Tom Hall gave a special thanks to Stacie and Tina for their briefing and taking valuable time from their schedule to attend, and to all for attending the RSAA Meeting and extended an open invitation to the entire Airport Authority Management Team.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for 5:15p March 8, 2016 at the Freedom Center (Terminal Building) Conference Room located upstairs.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 5:20p.
Herman D. Ross, Secretary
RENO STEAD AIRPORT ASSOCIATION (RSAA) MISSION STATEMENT
To represent the interests of all Tenants on the Reno-Stead Airport including Aircraft Owners, Fixed Base Operators, Aircraft Repair Facilities, United States Government Agencies and all parties of interest;
To ensure that all Tenants have the opportunity to speak with a united voice to the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority (owner of the airfield facility), the Federal Aviation Administration and the Local Governments relative to safe and affordable flying in Northern Nevada;
To enrich and promote the reputation of General Aviation within our community; and
To promote a “Good Neighbor” policy with the Nevada National Guard, support facility improvements that enhance the Tenant experience and encourage affordable services, fuel prices and hangar rentals from all service providers operating at the Reno Stead Facility.