The NTSB issued five new Safety Alerts for general aviation yesterday (March 12, 2013). they cover the most often causes of general aviation accidents, such as managing risks and prevention of stalls.They have also made available the Powerpoint presentations that investigators made to of the NTSB board. A video of that board meeting will also be available online through June 2013.
Take action to improve your safety and the safety of your family and friends by following the suggestions in these NTSB Safety Alerts. NTSB Safety Alerts provide safety information you can use, and urge you to encourage lawmakers to improve safety at the State level.
- Pilots: Manage Risks to Ensure Safety (SA-023) (112 KB) New!
- Mechanics: Manage Risks to Ensure Safety (SA-022) (113 KB) New!
- Is Your Aircraft Talking to You? Listen! (SA-021) (112 KB) New!
- Reduced Visual References Require Vigilance (SA-020) (116 KB) New!
- Prevent Aerodynamic Stalls at Low Altitude (SA-019) (132 KB) New!
- Preventing Rote Callouts (SA-018) (157 KB)
- In-Cockpit NEXRAD Mosaic Imagery (SA-017) (282 KB)
- Aircraft Ground Icing (SA-006) (105 KB)
- Thunderstorm Encounters (SA-011) (231 KB)
- Controlled Flight Into Terrain in Visual Conditions (SA-013) (134 KB)
- Aircraft Inflight Icing (SA-014) (126 KB)
- Child Passenger Safety on Aircraft (SA-015) (121 KB)
- Meteorological Evaluation Towers (SA-016) (105 KB)