Fire inspections can be scheduled immediately. We want to make sure that we get these done in a timely manner and have all hangars inspected by the end of July. They begin on Wednesday June 4, 2014 and go through July 31, 2014. Please contact Patti at 775/328-6570, to schedule your inspection(s). A schedule of available dates for inspections is at the bottom of this page.
ABC Fire is scheduled to come out one day only – as an opportunity for you to get your fire extinguishers serviced on Wednesday, May 28th. ABC Fire will be parked air side of the Terminal Building and you may drop off your extinguisher(s) and $11 fee per extinguisher, prior to Thursday, May28th. Please put your fire extinguishers in the “leasable space” down stairs and take your $11 per extinguisher upstairs to Patti so she can keep that log and the money in the office. Thank you for your cooperation.
The following items are a few of the primary concerns to Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority (RTAA) Fire Inspectors look for during hangar inspections at Stead:
1. Combustible rubbish stored in non combustible metal containers with lids. – 1103.6
2. Oily rags and such stored in approved closed containers with self closing lids. – 1103.6
3. NO SMOKING SIGNS. – 1103.2
4. Fire extinguishers in approved areas and inspected and serviced by a State of Nevada authorized fire extinguisher company. A minimum size fire extinguisher of 10 lb. ABC type agent and UL listed.
5. Extension cords shall not be used as a substitute for permanent wiring and only used with one portable appliance. The amp capacity shall not be less than the rated capacity of the portable appliance supplied by the cord. Appropriate storage of cords when not in use. – 605.5
6. Aircraft work is limited the exchange of parts and maintenance requiring no open flame. – 1104.6
7. Flammable and combustible liquids, when stored over 10 gallons must be stored in a liquid storage cabinet labeled “Flammable – Keep Fire Away”. Doors must be well fitted, self-closing and equipped with a latch. Cabinets shall be UL listed or equivalent. – 3404.3.4.4.1
8. Keep area around fire extinguisher free and clear and provide clear access to them. Recommend a 30” red line/box showing clearance in front of fire extinguishers and electrical service. – 1105.7
9. Label containers with actual contents.
10. Provide drip pan under aircraft for fuel or lubricant leaks. – 24.107
2014 Fire Inspection Dates8:30 a.m. to noon