WINGS is Now Easier than Ever!
These changes, along with several “bug” fixes, were released today!
- A continuing goal of the FAASTeam is to improve the usability of FAASafety.gov, and particularly the WINGS Program. A new and exciting feature we callQuick WINGS is the latest enhancement to improve the usability of the WINGS Program! We are pleased to announce that Quick WINGS, a feature that requires only “one-click” to participate in the WINGS – Pilot Proficiency Program, is now available.
- The “Give Credit” process in the Instructor Portal has been simplified, thus making it even easier for instructors to give WINGS credit for a flight activity.
- CFIs can print a pilot’s WINGS Checklist; all a CFI needs is the email address the pilot uses on FAASafety.gov. This capability is right in the Instructor Portal!
- We fixed a problem with the way that the Validate a Credit was working. Now it will not be so slow and confusing.
- One frustrating challenge has been the inability to change your own FAASafety.gov email address or password. With today’s upgrade, we have released the initial Security Questions feature so that we can begin to capture security questions and answers for all of our users. When you log in the next time, you can create your own list of questions and answers. Just go to your My Preferences page and click on the Email & Password tab. In the second phase of this project, to be released in the very near future, we will provide you the ability to change your email address or password simply by answering your security question.
- The 2012 Safety Standdown page is now available from the Hot Topics area on FAASafety.gov. Check it out and visit one of the 2012 Safety Standdown activities in your area.