This was received from the FAA Safety Team.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) publishes Safety Alerts for aviation, as well as other modes of transportation. Check out this site http://www.ntsb.gov/safety/
The NTSB is an independent federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident in the U.S. and significant accidents in other modes of transportation-railroad, highway, marine and pipeline.
Their Safety Alerts make interesting reading – check them out!
[The link in the second paragraph takes you to an NTSB page with links to pdf articles under the various Safety categories – Aviation, Highway and Boating. Here is the Aviation Section:]
- Preventing Rote Callouts (SA-018) (157 KB)
- In-Cockpit NEXRAD Mosaic Imagery (SA-017) (282 KB)
- Aircraft Ground Icing (SA-006) (105 KB)
- Thunderstorm Encounters (SA-011) (231 KB)
- Controlled Flight Into Terrain in Visual Conditions (SA-013) (134 KB)
- Aircraft Inflight Icing (SA-014) (126 KB)
- Child Passenger Safety on Aircraft (SA-015) (121 KB)
- Meteorological Evaluation Towers (SA-016) (105 KB)