From your friendly FAA Safety Team:
New Issue of FAA Safety Briefing avialable
Notice Number: NOTC5084
The November/December 2013 issue of FAA Safety Briefing explores the critical function of FAA’s Flight Standards Service in promoting safety within our National Airspace System. Articles focus on the diverse roles and responsibilities of Flight Standards and highlight the important contributions of its many dedicated safety professionals.
Among the feature articles in this issue include:
· “Our Finest Hour” – a look at how the FAA is organized to perform its safety mission (p. 6)
· “Lifting the Curtain” – meeting the people behind the policies that affect GA (p. 12)
· and “From Aeronca to Zenair” – the basics of buying your own bird (p. 18)
Other features cover the role of the FSDO (p. 10) including a 2-page color map of FSDO locations and phone numbers, an inside look at Flight Standards’ Air Transportation Division (p. 22), and a guide to understanding the role of the ASI (p. 25).
The issue’s Aeromedical Advisory department (p. 5) covers some new educational opportunities at FAA’s Civil Aerospace Medical Institute (CAMI), while Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons (p. 28) covers some of the essentials before your next major repair or alteration.
The link to the online edition is: http://www.faa.gov/news/
Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter – @FAASafetyBrief
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine’s objective is to improve safety by:
· making the community aware of FAA resources
· helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
· encouraging continued training