New Issue of FAA Safety Briefing Available
Notice Number: NOTC4511
The January/February 2013 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on aerospace medicine. Articles cover key issues that affect medical certification for pilots, discuss the pilot’s role in this process, and explain the FAA’s responsibilities.
Among the feature articles in this medically-themed issue include:
- understanding what your medical can (and can’t) do for you, (pg 14)
- how to fast track your medical certificate with FAA’s online MedXPress system, (pg 20)
- what pilots should know about refractive eye surgery, (pg 24)and how the FAA evaluates drugs for aeromedical use, (pg 28)
There’s also a special two-page pullout infographic (pgs 18-19) that details the medical certification process.
The link to the online edition is: http://www.faa.gov/news/
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine’s objective is to improve safety by:
- making the community aware of FAA resources
- helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
- encouraging continued training
Produced by the editors, FAA Safety Briefing, http://www.faa.gov/news/
Address questions or comments to: SafetyBriefing@faa.gov.
Follow us on Twitter @FAASafetyBrief or www.twitter.com/FAASafetyBrief